Upright freezer leaking water...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachEAlex

Reaction score
I just added an analog Johnson controller to a an upright Kenmore 20 frostless freezer I had in my basement. I plugged the freezer into the controller, the controller into the wall and the probe is inside freezer and I've managed to hold a pretty much constant temp. My problem is on the bottom of the door there is what looks like a drainage hole and water is is leaking from there like crazy, leaving a puddle on the floor. I put a cup under it, but just want to make sure 1. Is that normal and 2. Is there anyway to resolve it...

I tried searching for an answer, but didn't find one...any help will be much appreciated!

On the bottom rim of the freezer door there are two round holes that when I poke my finger in them have a plastic thing in them. One of the holes is where the yellowish water is leaking from. The freezer has been inside for as long as I can remember...

I thought it might condensation after reading another post, but there isn't any condensation inside the freezer. And when I look at the bottom of the door, the water is dripping straight out of the whole. The freezer is 8 years old and I no longer have the manual to see what purpose the two "holes" serve...sorry!

Think I figured it out! I think it is condensation that builds up in between the panel on door and outer door, the hole it's coming out of is a drainage hole of some sort...sound plausible? I put a bucket of DampRid, we'll see if this works!

Think I figured it out! I think it is condensation that builds up in between the panel on door and outer door, the hole it's coming out of is a drainage hole of some sort...sound plausible? I put a bucket of DampRid, we'll see if this works!

Sounds plausable, has it been very humid where you are lately?

It's been dry and sunny here, up until today. Which is odd, Cape Cod springs are usually pretty damp!

Back