Upgrading My Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeventySixtel

Reaction score
Hey All,

So now that I am getting into brewing a little more I want to upgrade my Kegerator. I currently have a small conversion Kegerator that barely fits 1 Sixtel. I am looking for a kegerator that would fix 3 sixtel's at a time with two taps on it. Not sure if I should buy a new kegerator and throw a new tap tower on it or really what to do. Build one myself? Just looking for some recommendations.

Cheers,
SeventySixtel

I'm working on converting an upright freezer into a kegerator with four taps (one commercial 1/2 bbl, 3 corny kegs). Found a freezer on Craigslist for $100, and ordered $250 worth of lines and perlick faucets/shanks/manifolds. Already had CO2 tank and regulator.

I'm selling my 1/2 bbl kegerator (hope to get $100-150) to recoup some of these costs.

I use an old fridge ($50) and it fits 3 corny kegs with my CO2 bottle quite nicely. After removing the fruit and vegetable drawers I had to build a little wooden insert to make the bottom flat, but it wasn't that big of a job. In addition I use the freezer on top for extra frozen food storage, I have a few bottles of beer in the door, taps on the front, a temp controller, CO2 manifold built into the inside, and room inside for the randall I'm planning.

Cheers

Back