upgrade from 1 keg to 2+ kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeppman

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I currently just have a single keg - kegerator. Well I want to upgrade to a two, or even 3 keg system. I have a 10lb co2 tank. Given I find a right size mini fridge, will all I need is a new 2 (or 3) line tap and a manifold? I'd like to go the keezer route, but I live in an apartment, and really don't have the room for it. Is there any harm in getting a 3 spout tap, leave one unused, and just use two for a two keg system at this point, and that way I can upgrade to a 3 keg system when I eventually move into a larger apartment or house?

planing for the future is a good idea. though it is not to difficult to add a 3rd tap yourself down the road if you get a 3" tower. you can drill it out yourself or get an extension cap with another tap or two. also if you save the money on the tower now you could invest it in a secondary regulator, which would give you more flexibility. really just a question of how soon you see yourself upgrading, and how much flexibility you want in your 2 tap system.

So, is it possible to add a second tap to my current single tap tower now? I have something similar to this:

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/chrome-single-faucet-column-2-5-inch-diameter-11-5-tall.html

There are a couple different options depending on how handy you are with tools.

First (and simplest) you could use a tower extension to add one or two taps to an existing tower: one tap addition. Do shop around, that isn't the best price.

Second if you have the tools you could make 1-2 additional holes in your existing tower and just get the tower shanks to add like this. Again shop around and find a price you like.

Back