Updated My Brewsheet. D/L in comments

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosoup4me

Reaction score
I posted this before but I've since made quite a few updates.

I made this to help myself during Brew Day. It has all the fields that I record during my typical prep day and brew day. I used to scribble all this data all over a Beersmith brewsheet but it always became super jumbled.

Over the course of a couple years I have nixed things that I just never really filled out and added things that I still scribbled in the margins (e.g. Dilution Water Needed). Sharing because it might also fit your brew day.

It has form fields that you can tab through for easy input of all your known variables (Ingredients, Hop Additions, Mash Temp, etc.) and now it will do some simple calculations as you go:
  1. Dilution Volume based on % Dilution
  2. Total Water Needed:
  3. Water/Grain (qt/lb)
  4. Total IBU Based on Hop Contribution throughout the boil
  5. How long you should oxygenate depending on the est. OG of the Wort
PDF Download Link Here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1P08IJhF22vfOJ4CtoDAinfBMbe7XmXJ-

Also attached to the post.

If you start using it please let me know. I'd like to know that I've helped someone in their homebrew hobby.

CSKl9fr.jpg

o5r0XuS.jpg

Attachments

• Brewsheet v3.pdf
    220.9 KB · Views: 47
This is awesome!

Just an FYI:

There are 4 fields that I cannot edit. I see that you have made these calculated fields, but the numbers you had in by default don't seem to ever change.
  • 1) TOTAL WATER NEEDED.
  • 2) WATER/GRAIN (qt/lb)
  • 3) DILUTION VOLUME
  • 4) AERATION TIME

THANKS!!!

Last edited:
This is awesome!

Just an FYI:

There are 4 fields that I cannot edit. I see that you have made these calculated fields, but the numbers you had in by default don't seem to ever change.
  • 1) TOTAL WATER NEEDED.
  • 2) WATER/GRAIN (qt/lb)
  • 3) DILUTION VOLUME
  • 4) AERATION TIME

THANKS!!!

Are you using acrobat to fill in the form?

What are you using to edit the form? I am unsure if the javascript that is used to calc values works in anything other than Adobe Acrobat. If you'd like me to I can take out all the calculated fields and just have them as inputs. Let me know.

If you are using Acrobat then everything should work. I just double checked it.

Total Water Needed is based on the Mash Volume you input, Sparge Volume and the number of steps you are using to sparge (how many times you are going to sparge the mash)

2fp69R2.jpg

Water to Grain is based on Mash Tun Dead Space, Mash Volume and Total Grain Weight (all fields you manually input)

vkj2meU.jpg

Dilution is based on Water Volume (Sparge or mash) and a % that you input as a decimal (ig .40 = 40%)

C5cwMdH.jpg

And Aeration time with Oxygen is based on Original Gravity you input. According to the book YEAST 60 seconds at 1 LPM results in approximately 9.2 O2 PPM in 5.3 Gallons of Beer. Which is in the recommended 8-10 PPM. If your gravity (that you enter) goes above 1.077 OG, it will increase the time to 2 minutes.

There's a drop down that allows you to change this to "Shake" which will change it to 5 Minutes, but you won't get more than 4 PPM using this method. However the option is still there because that's how I used to aerate my worth prior to buying an pure o2 system.

oJJLnSa.jpg

Back