So I set out to brew a pale ale this past weekend. I brew on a 6.5 gallon Anvil Foundry and had only done 2.5-3 gal batched on it previously. I decided this time I wanted to test the capacity of this unit and shot for a 4 gallon batch. Instead of pushing the grain bill larger, I decided I would add a little extra water and some DME post-mash. I had only been getting in the high-60’s efficiency wise with my prior batches on this system, so that’s what my recipe was based on. I had recently read a little about lifting the grain basket a couple times during the mash to help with extraction so I gave that a shot as well. Turns out it worked better than I expected. What I anticipated as an OG of 1.052 turned out instead to be 1.060. Kettle hopping was equal parts Simcoe and Amarillo. 25% first wort, 25% mid-boil, 50% flameout with a 10min whirlpool. For about 45-50 IBU estimated. Anyway, since my OG turned out so much higher than expected I got a little worried about the hops being a bit too subtle. So on a whim I decided today to throw in an ounce each of cascade and centennial as dry hops. Today is day 6 overall, and the SG measured at 1.013 this morning so it’s sitting around 6.5% ABV. Used WLP001 btw. I’m thinking I’ll let the hops mingle for a couple days at 68F and then crash down to 35 for a couple days before I transfer to my serving keg. Was not expecting to make an IPA but at this point that’s what it is.