Under attenuated batch - Do I need yeast at Bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthGoose

Reaction score
I made a the Surly Bender PM kit from Northern brewer about a month ago. Pitched a 2L starter of Wyeast 1335 The Fermentation stopped dead at 1.022, so after attempting to rouse the yeast failed I added a pack of Notty rehydrated as per instructions on packet. Gravity still didn't move, and I've given up on getting it to drop. My question is, do I need to add some S-05 or something when I bottle so that there is something in there to eat up the carb sugars or is this probably unnecessary?

I made a the Surly Bender PM kit from Northern brewer about a month ago. Pitched a 2L starter of Wyeast 1335 The Fermentation stopped dead at 1.022, so after attempting to rouse the yeast failed I added a pack of Notty rehydrated as per instructions on packet. Gravity still didn't move, and I've given up on getting it to drop. My question is, do I need to add some S-05 or something when I bottle so that there is something in there to eat up the carb sugars or is this probably unnecessary?

It'd be unnecessary. Any fermentables in the beer would be gone, but the priming sugar would be easily gobbled up by the 1335 (and/or the notty).

Back