Unbalanced water report

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pretzelb

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to use Bru'n water for the 4th time and I can't seem to figure out why it says the ions don't balance. It has to be the way I'm using the data but maybe it's my water report? I'm going to attempt to attach a picture of the report. The only missing value is the treated ph which was 8.5 in the report. I just used the values under the treated column and then used total alkalinity and reported ph to estimate the carbonate and bicarbonate.

One thing that confuses me is the ion concentrations column says mg/L or ppm. Does that mean they are the same thing? The help for Ca says you must convert to ppm but only if listed as CaCO3 so I just plugged in the 52.5 from the report.

water_report_201510.JPG

Well that stinks. I thought I had a great source. They even update it monthly. Oh well.

Well that stinks. I thought I had a great source. They even update it monthly. Oh well.

If you get your own report at one point in time, and compare it to this source regularly, you should at least get an idea if the water source changes significantly.

If you get your own report at one point in time, and compare it to this source regularly, you should at least get an idea if the water source changes significantly.

Yea, it's not a big deal. I was just hoping to avoid ordering the lab report. It will be interesting to see the differences. Now if the Ward labs site would just come back online I can place an order.

Back