Umm... Dude? SuperiorBrew? Bernie?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capcrnch

Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7685584?MSNHPHMA

Father arrested for taping Packers jersey to son

PORTAGE, Wis. (AP) - Upset that his 7-year-old son wouldn't wear a Green Bay Packers jersey during the team's playoff victory Saturday, a man restrained the boy for an hour with tape and taped the jersey onto him.

Mathew Kowald was cited for disorderly conduct in connection with the incident with his son at their home in Pardeeville, Wis., Lt. Wayne Smith of the Columbia County Sheriff's Department said. Pardeeville is about 30 miles north of Madison.

The 36-year-old Kowald was arrested Monday after his wife told authorities about the incident. Kowald was taken to the county jail and held until Wednesday, when he pleaded no contest, paid a fine of $186 and was released.

Kowald's wife filed a restraining order Wednesday so Kowald will not be able to have contact with his family, Smith said. Smith said other domestic issues have surfaced, though he wouldn't elaborate.

The boy refused to wear the jersey Saturday when the Packers beat the Seattle Seahawks in a playoff game, Smith said. Smith said the incident sounded strange when reported at first, but the mother took pictures with her cell phone and that type of evidence is difficult to dispute.

Oh that aint nuthin.... I remember when the Dolphins were in the play offs (yeah long time ago) and they were loosing my Dad grabbed my brother and a kitchen knife and told his buds he'd be right back on his way out the back door.

They still lost....

Packer fans are something else.

Let the record show: You'd never see a Lions fan doing something like this.

Even the parents are embarrassed. :)

I would have made him wear this if he did'nt want to weat the jersey
Packers-2006-Pajamas.jpg

Seriously the dude must have some real issues.

capcrnch said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7685584?MSNHPHMA

Father arrested for taping Packers jersey to son

PORTAGE, Wis. (AP) - Upset that his 7-year-old son wouldn't wear a Green Bay Packers jersey during the team's playoff victory Saturday, a man restrained the boy for an hour with tape and taped the jersey onto him.

Mathew Kowald was cited for disorderly conduct in connection with the incident with his son at their home in Pardeeville, Wis., Lt. Wayne Smith of the Columbia County Sheriff's Department said. Pardeeville is about 30 miles north of Madison.

The 36-year-old Kowald was arrested Monday after his wife told authorities about the incident. Kowald was taken to the county jail and held until Wednesday, when he pleaded no contest, paid a fine of $186 and was released.

Kowald's wife filed a restraining order Wednesday so Kowald will not be able to have contact with his family, Smith said. Smith said other domestic issues have surfaced, though he wouldn't elaborate.

The boy refused to wear the jersey Saturday when the Packers beat the Seattle Seahawks in a playoff game, Smith said. Smith said the incident sounded strange when reported at first, but the mother took pictures with her cell phone and that type of evidence is difficult to dispute.

WED., JAN 16, 2008 - 10:56 PM
Man cited after forcing son to wear Packers jersey
MATTHEW CALL
Portage Daily Register
A 36-year-old Pardeeville man accusing of tying up his 7-year-old son with tape Saturday after the boy refused to wear a Green Bay Packers sweatshirt during the divisional playoff game against Seattle said the incident was a joke that "got blown way out of proportion."

Matthew Kowald was arrested Monday on tentative felony charges of causing mental harm to a child and false imprisonment, but was issued only a disorderly conduct citation for the incident.

Kowald reportedly forced a Packers sweatshirt on the boy, who told his father he refused to root for the Packers and was told by Kowald that anyone who said that would be grounded. Columbia County Lt. Wayne Smith said Kowald restrained the boy with tape for about an hour and taped the shirt to him.

"He wanted the juvenile to be a Packers fan, and I would suggest he went about it the wrong way," Smith said.

Kowald was arrested after the boy's mother, Kowald's wife, told authorities about the incident. Smith said it sounded strange at first, but the mother took pictures with her cell phone.

Kowald pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct Wednesday after he was released from the Columbia County Jail, Smith said. He paid a fine of $186.

Columbia County District Attorney Jane Kohlwey said there was not enough evidence against Kowald to support felony charges.

Kowald's wife also filed a restraining order on Wednesday, Smith said, adding that other domestic issues have surfaced, though he wouldn't elaborate.

Kowald said Wednesday that his son was challenging him in a friendly manner by saying he would not root for the Packers. In a joking manner, Kowald said he told his son to put on the Packers shirt and his son refused, throwing it back at him in jest, Kowald said.

In a continuation of that joke, Kowald said he tied the boy up and that his son was laughing at first. "It was like if you buried someone in the sand," Kowald said. "My wife was sitting right there, taking pictures, laughing."

"Then he couldn't get out and he got upset and that's it. It lasted a minute," Kowald added. "I didn't mean no harm, and he knows that, but I haven't been able to tell him that," because Kowald had not been allowed contact with him.

capcrnch said:
Packer fans are something else.

Let the record show: You'd never see a Lions fan doing something like this.

... of course, the Lions would have to have a playoff victory first...

(what's it been, fifty years now? ;))

the_bird said:
... of course, the Lions would have to have a playoff victory first...

(what's it been, fifty years now? ;))

That's not important right now, is it? :D

Hard to say. Sounds plausible as a joke.

Heck, I wrestle with my kid all the time. Typical father-son male-bonding type stuff. Sitting on him when he "steals my seat" on the couch, tangling his arms and legs all up so he can't move, etc. There are most likely pictures around the house somewhere of us doing it.

If my wife decided it was time to bail, and wanted to make darn sure that I didn't have a chance at custody, those pictures- coupled with an incriminating story- could certainly help her cause.

Taking them to a judge and using them as evidence of the "need" for a restraining order would just be another nail in the coffin.

I heard about that one on the radio this morning. First off- what a loser. Second, -and this was mentioned by the radio guys this morning, too- why did the mom wait two days before turning the dad in??????

BTW, I know some people from Pardeeville, and it doesn't really surprise me that much............:cross:

Docapi said:
Hard to say. Sounds plausible as a joke.

Heck, I wrestle with my kid all the time. Typical father-son male-bonding type stuff. Sitting on him when he "steals my seat" on the couch, tangling his arms and legs all up so he can't move, etc. There are most likely pictures around the house somewhere of us doing it.

If my wife decided it was time to bail, and wanted to make darn sure that I didn't have a chance at custody, those pictures- coupled with an incriminating story- could certainly help her cause.

Taking them to a judge and using them as evidence of the "need" for a restraining order would just be another nail in the coffin.

Ditto that. I roughhouse with my daughter all the time. She does a pretty good job of reciprocating, and has learned exactly what a "knee drop" is, and how well it works on dad.

Anyhow, given that there's obviously some sort of a "domestic situation" here, I'd take what either party says with a very large grain of salt.

Back