Uh-oh!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evets

Reaction score
Did I just screw up, big time? I mean, if I did what I think I may have done, I did, but I'm not sure if I really did. I'm not sure but I may have poured my wort into my fermenter with maybe a half gallon of Star san. I brewed yesterday evening and it was getting pretty dark and I was tired and rushing to get done.
This morning, however, it's bubbling away and has a good fermenty type aroma, so maybe I didn't actually do what I think I mighta. I just don't remember dumping the Star San first. I also don't remember Not dumping it, either. Wish me luck, ay

"Star San is a blend of phosphoric acid and 'hard' sulfonic acid (dodecylbenzenesulfonic acid)." Since your ferment is running, either you didn't pitch on Star San or there wasn't enough to be a problem.

david_42 said:
"Star San is a blend of phosphoric acid and 'hard' sulfonic acid (dodecylbenzenesulfonic acid)." Since your ferment is running, either you didn't pitch on Star San or there wasn't enough to be a problem.

Thanx. That's the answer I was hoping for. It is fermenting quite vigorously now. I even have some krausen in my airlock! I have high hopes for this brew. It's a mini mash version of Burning River Pale Ale from Austin HB. This brew has five oz. of hops, including a dry hop. I also included AHBs 1% alcohol increase, and one more # milled 2-row to get a better feel for mashing. I've been using a 5g MLT for my last four minis. I plan to brew my first AG after my vacation at the end of the month. I'm thinking about a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone, maybe.

Back