Ughh, its been to long!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evolcoms

Reaction score
So I am in the process of finding a new place to move so o can be closer to the family and im starting to miss brewing. Its been almost a month and I really dont want to mess my beer up during the move. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to brew next, but I'm leaving towards something like a Blue Moon, but not. The last BM Clone I did was a hit and I'm looking for a extract recipe to something that is in similar recipe content (Rolled Oats must be apart).

A Blue Moon Clone is pretty easy. There is a thread called Blue Balls if you do a search. IIRC the recipe went something like:

3.3 lbs Extra Light DME
3.3 lbs. Light Wheat DME
1 oz EKG
.75 (or so) ounces coriander
.75 ounces Orange peel (or fresh zest)
1 pkg clean American yeast like WLP001 or US-05

You can add oats if you like for mouthfeel. Also, the hops should be changed to whatever you prefer. You could substitute Saaz or something as long as the IBUs are correct. I've since moved to AG brewing, but this is still one of my favorite recipes, I just use pale malt and flaked wheat instead of DME now. And I've only ever used fresh zest.

Back