UFC 112 - Silva's jumped the shark - SPOILERS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrInternet

Reaction score
The first PPV I've bought in a LONG time, and I feel like demanding a partial refund for that joke of a main event... what the hell is Silva's problem? That just doesn't seem like the way the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world would have to act, does it? If you're so damn good, finish the fight. If you let a fight go the distance against someone who's obviously inferior, you're disrespecting the fight, your opponent, and the fans who paid to see you do YOUR BEST. GSP has more class in his middle finger than Silva does in his whole body, I hope that fight never happens.

The Edgar/Penn fight was insane and worth every penny, IMO... Edgar won on all metrics, and Penn just didn't seem to want to fight his fight that night. He fought Edgar's fight, and lost. I jumped out of my chair when he took Penn down... not just took him down, full double-shot took him off his feet. I don't think that's EVER happened to Penn at LW has it?

Really looking forward to more from Phil Davis, he was a beast...

Much respect to Munoz, I thought he was a goner early... he was rocked off his feet. Great comeback, and great heart... he should go far in the UFC, that's the kind of fighter Dana gets woozy for. :)

Hughes/Gracie was a bittersweet moment for me... I'm a bg Hughes fan, and I knew he'd get the win before the fight even started, but I was expecting him to finish Renzo a lot more decisively than that. Renzo was gassed before the 3rd even started... Hughes was still fresh, I thought he could have ended it a lot earlier. He finally did, but I dunno if it was a trepidation thing, a respect thing, or what... eh, still a great fight between two legends of the sport. :)

GSP, GSP, GSP!

I'm glad Hughes won too, but would have loved to see him bullrush Renzo and end it earlier

Silva is the worlds biggest pound for pound jackass. I agree completely.

I don't understand the Silva fight. I agree that Maia may not have been on the same level as Silva but it is still a fight and aren't you supposed to go out there and attempt to win? Whats up with the dancing and moving around for 25 minutes? At one point I felt bad for Maia because it looked like he wanted to fight but Silva was just running away. I know there is no yellow cards or whatever but the ref warned him twice I think but no points were taken away. In my opinion if there are no yellow cards and the ref sees that one fighter clearly isn't fighting I think he should be dq'd. I mean of course after a few warnings.

"If he ever fights like that again I'll cut him, regardless." - Dana White

Talking about Silva...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back