tysons corner, VA bars

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g-love

Reaction score
A buddy of mine is in tysons corner on business and i'm going to hang out with him tomorrow night. Any ideas on a good beer bar close to that area without going into DC?

There's not really anything other than chains in Tysons. You have Coastal Flats at the mall and a few other bars on the third floor. Also, there's Chics N Wings on rt 7 near the mall, but they don't have a large selection.

I strongly recommend going into Arlington if you don't mind the 20 minute drive + traffic. You need to go to Galaxy Hut. They have by far the biggest selection of beers on tap in the area, but it's a dive and some what small. Other than that it's amazing.

Beyond that, stick to Falls Church. There's a nice Irish Pub on rte 7 called Ireland's Four Provinces. Plus, you can go into Ballston, which might have a few more options, but I'm not as familar with the Arlington scene.

I hope that helps. Bottomline, if you're staying in Tysons, go to Chics N Wings or Coastal Flats. If you don't mind the drive, definitely go to Galaxy Hut.

Last time I was there on business, I stayed at the Mclean/Tysons Corner Hilton. The Harth bar and restaurant in the hotel was actually pretty good. The burger is awesome and they had some local beer on tap.

We did mad fox and it was nice. The food was good and I had a few brews I really enjoyed. The best was a "stealth brew" called Crazy Ivan. That thing was legit!

Back