TX Brewers Fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeRoux's Broux

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of the Texas clan on the forum were going to make the Texas Brewers Festival Saturday, May 14th in Austin? Supposed to be Texas independent breweries w/ their sud's to sample. 3-8 pm @ Republic Square (4th Street & Guadalupe). $10 bucks for 5 beer samples, or there is a special VIP tasting @ 1pm. $20 gets you 20 beers (I think?). Here's some of the breweries attending:
Two Rows - Houston
Saint Arnold's - Houston
Lovejoy's - Austin
Independent Brewing - Austin
Draught House - Austin
Real Ale Brewing - Blanco
Rahn & Son's - Fort Worth
North by Northwest - Austin
Blue Star - San Antonio
Bitter End - Austin
Live Oak - Austin

Maybe more, but that's all they have listed for now. www.txbrewersfestival.com

Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

Didn't even know about this. Thanks for the info.
I'm going to stop by there, not far from my house. That's also my birthday!

I heard about it last week for the first time too. I pick up those Southwest Brewing News papers from my HBS in Houston and have never seen it. I subscribed to their e-mail list, and they sent an e-mail out about it last week. So, I figured we'd make the 4.5 hr drive and see what it's all about.
Look for me, I'll be the one w/ a beer! :^)

Happy Birthday too!
Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

well, did ya make the Craft Brewers Fest this weekend? We did, and we had a good time. we did the VIP tasting @ 1:00, and stayed until about 4:30.

Nope I missed it. I ended up at Fiesta Texas that day. Too bad I missed it I'm sure the brews were excellent unlike the $5 pilsner of Bud there.

Back