Two yeast - two wort brew expiment.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dienekles

Reaction score
Experiment goals: To see if it possible to split a single wort into two seprate batches, fermenting them with two seprate yeasts, then recombining them in a secondary - thereby reaping the benifits of both flavor profiles before conditioning.

Just looking for a little guidance here - has anyone done similar experiments OR does anyone have any reason why with might not work?

I don't see why it wouldn't work. I think I'd rather keep them separate so I could compare effects of the yeasts, but that's not your goal.

I'm thinking of brewing a double batch of the same beer using a mash for one and extract for the other. I'm kinda curious about the flavour differences.

Keep us informed.

Dienekles said:
Experiment goals: To see if it possible to split a single wort into two seprate batches, fermenting them with two seprate yeasts, then recombining them in a secondary - thereby reaping the benifits of both flavor profiles before conditioning.

Just looking for a little guidance here - has anyone done similar experiments OR does anyone have any reason why with might not work?

I can't imagine there would be any kind of problem doing this. I don't think the yeast will get in any fights or anything ;).

You will probably want to set asside a small sample of each alone just to compare the parts to the sum...just a thought ;).

Good luck!!

Well the differences between yeasts from different areas are well documented, but I might set asside a gallon from both batches - bottle em up all at the same time and let you know how it turns out.

I'll keep you fellas (and ladies) informed.

Latest posts

Back