Two tier brew stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericw81

Reaction score
Thought I would share my 2 tied rack on a budget. So far I'm in it for about $50 in steel. Built with 1x1 3/16th tubestock. Plenty strong! Ordering two burners and a regulator for another $50 or so. Also picked up a 255 gph pump that hooks up to a drill for $10 to move my strike and sparge water to the mash tun ( modified cooler). I just need to find some plexi or something for the decking.

image-4197754736.jpg

image-827664366.jpg

image-2318210236.jpg

image-2150623018.jpg

ericw81 said:
Thought I would share my 2 tied rack on a budget. So far I'm in it for about $50 in steel. Built with 1x1 3/16th tubestock. Plenty strong! Ordering two burners and a regulator for another $50 or so. Also picked up a 255 gph pump that hooks up to a drill for $10 to move my strike and sparge water to the mash tun ( modified cooler). I just need to find some plexi or something for the decking. Still some welding, grinding, and painting to go, but it's getting there.

Mine didn't have the instructions. I just plan on pumping my strike water and sparge water (batch sparge). Wonder if it will work??

I was considering the same thing, since I had a brand new pump sitting around that is identical. However, after reading a few posts, the concerns were 1) The plastic is not food safe and 2) The lubricant used inside it is not food safe. I fixed number 2 by removing the plate, removing the impeller, degreasing it with a citrus based degreaser (the grease smelled pretty bad, so I am sure it would have imparted an off flavor) and re-lubing it with vaseline. I have not determined if it will work, I was just messing around with parts on hand. Maybe this is my way to justify the $150 for a pump designed for this......

Latest posts

Back