Two Stage Cold Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and I'm from SE MA, but what's up with Worcester Wheat and Barley?

In some discussions with overseas suppliers, it's a side business idea I've been toying with -- i.e. a small cost effective operation aimed at supplying homebrewer neccessary product. The idea of buying in bulk is a good one. The problem is that often things get messy between the individuals of the brew clubs. What is missing from the equation is a facilitator -- not so much a middle man as someone who can bring the many clubs together on the supply side. There really is no reason why the different brew clubs do not work together in making ingredient and material acquisition; except that, what is missing is the proper representation and staging facility for the bulk purchases. Right now, prices at the homebrew stores and many websites is highway robbery. Take Northernbrewer as an example -- the avarice is almost unpalatable. Begging questions such as: Why can't homebrewers get together and buy 100# bales of hops, or 2000# of malt? You figure if each brewer requests say 200# of malt average it is easy to see how it could work. That's only with 10 people. The overall prices would be better and everyone would benefit. The big exporters/importers only want to their product move -- they really don't care how. I am not adverse to being a man who sticks his neck out for the good of homebrewers and clubs as long as I receive a just wage or commission. I do not mind sharing the idea. I am hoping someone else will do the all the ground work neccessary to bring it afloat.

Back