Two Experiments, Two Questions, One Boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tsuyako

Reaction score
Okay so here's the thing. I would love to make my own malt vinegar for fish and chips (using homebrew of course:)) and I've been reading up on it. I assume that it is simply an un-hopped beer that has had the correct bacteria added correct?

Second I am wondering what an unhopped beer would taste like. Has anyone made some? If so what type of grains did you use? (right now I'm doing partial mash but all-grain is in the near future) If I make this I would like to make the beer dark and heavy.

Also I would like to make just one batch and split it. One for the vinegar another for the un-hopped beer.

Okay well I think that's it, thanks!

I would be concerned making a dark and heavy beer with no hops. The hops give these beers their balance and without them it may not be something you will really like. By all means, for the sake of experimenting, go ahead but I personally would only do a gallon batch of it first.

Back