Two Batches in Two Days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinakajuice

Reaction score
Remade our American Amber on Sunday and made a Hefeweizen that Homebrewer99 had a recipe on here for on Saturday. It's definately gassing out at a decent rate, the hefe started getting foam in the blow off.

Our first American Amber was a success, but we didn't have the secondary flavoring/aroma hops with us at brew time. This time we made sure everything was here and we broke ingredients down to containers and bought a timer. Can't wait to taste these two after the first came out so well!

Good for you!

I made a brown ale Sunday, and threw together a batch of Apfelwein last night.

Amazing how fast the Apfelwein recipe is; it took exactly 1 hour from when I started gathering the ingredients in the kitchen to when I finished cleaning up and mopping the floor. And I even had time for a sip of scotch in the process...

I might have to try that one! What recipe did you follow? Edwort's?

Which, the Brown Ale or the Apfelwein? It's Edwort's Apfelwein, and after 1 month I'm going to cold crash/rack onto oak cubes and let it sit for another month. The brown ale is a Northern Brewer kit, "Cumbrian Double Brown Ale". Check my signature for links.

Congrats! I've found that it's well worth the hard day's work to get multiple batches done over a day or two. That way there's always a pipeline. :mug:

Back