TV Shows About Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bken620

Reaction score
There's a TV show called Beer Geeks on WLNY1055 in my area (NJ) that already finished it's first season back in February, but I've been catching shows here and there and making sure to record all of them on my DVR. I really like it, they highlight breweries from all over the country, usually one per episode, then make a food with one of the brewery's beers, and then at the end of the episode pair different foods with the beers from that brewery. It's really an interesting show hosted by a Master Brewer: Micheal Feguson, who I've never heard of but does have an awesome personality. Show's are about 30 minutes long, 22 without the commercials when you watch it on your DVR.

Here's the link for the show's website: http://beergeeks.tv/

Does anyone else have any other good brewing tv shows, or even youtube shows that highlight all the different aspects of brewing and that isn't all that cheesy?

Brew Masters, which had 1 season (5 episodes), was aired on Discovery and was really good. It followed Dogfish head brewery and their process of making a bunch of different craft beers. I thought it was really interesting and for the most part not too cheesy.

I heard that for political reasons, Discovery isn't able to air the show any longer. Something about some of their funding being from big beer companies that are against the craft beer movement. Anyways, I know that you can watch all the episodes on Netflix. I would assume you can find them somewhere else as well. I highly recommend it. If nothing else it's cool to see the creative and business process of making beer.

For actual TV there's also Brew Dogs on Esquire. It's a bit more TV-ized but if you like watching anything brew related it's worth checking out. Youtube is flooded with good stuff to watch. Try searching for homebrew Wednesday. Here's a few things to check out CraigTube, HomebrewerTV, BrewingTV, Chop and Brew. That's only a few of them but there are quite a few, especially youtube channels.

Brew Masters, which had 1 season (5 episodes), was aired on Discovery and was really good. It followed Dogfish head brewery and their process of making a bunch of different craft beers. I thought it was really interesting and for the most part not too cheesy.

I remember that one, I watched it back when it was on in 2009/2010 I think. I'll have to go back and rewatch it. It was a really good show, very intriguing to see how the whole dogfish head brewery worked, liked when they were all chewing that corn for the "Chicha" beer.

For actual TV there's also Brew Dogs on Esquire. It's a bit more TV-ized but if you like watching anything brew related it's worth checking out.

I've tried watching that Brew Dogs, I really couldn't get into it, wasn't interesting and just seemed too sensationalized.

I'll check out the youtube channels you gave me though, I've watched some Chop and Brew, definitely good, it helped me when I planted my hops this year.

Latest posts

Back