Turkey fryer at lowes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joebou4860

Reaction score
I was at Lowes last night and saw a 35 Qt "safety" turkey fryer for $80. Then I noticed it had a spigot built into it. I thought that would make life easy on me. Anyone have any experience with this model?

A spigot?!? I didn't see that one, my Lowes only has the $45 30 qt. one. If you need an outdoor brewing setup anyway, I'd say go for it. That seems to be cheaper than the going rate for a brew pot in that size anyway.

One thing you might want to check. I bought a fryer with a spigot wanted to add fittings found out it had 16mm 150 pitch. I could not find any metric plumbing fittings.Will use to heat water and am now making keggle for boil. The burner worked great so $40 was worth it.

I too, have seen this fryer ($79.95) or something like that.

I was attracted to the spigot as well. If I had the money today, that fryer would be at my house today.....

Amazon and E-bay are showing deals for same size pots at only $20-30 less than that. For convenience and sparing yourself $437 in S&H, I'd say go for it.

Oh, and by the way; I built the mini-mlt in the DYI thread, found metric washers and other hardware right there in Lowes. Their featured in colored drawers above the english size hardware.

Hey hey, I just wanted to find out how this fryers done for you. My wife just bought this for me for our anniversary. I was wondering how the "safety" features affected your brewing capabilities. Did you need to disable the safety features? If so, how? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

I was about to add the same thing. There is another thread on this somewhere on the site that Revvy commented on. Basically, some of these safety fryers have some kind of button that you have to press every 15 or so minutes that keeps the gas going and your burner...burning.

The solution that he suggested was taping the button down.

I don't know how these buttons work, but if they are electrical, can't you just bypass the button with a short?

Back