Tubing Organizer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fxdrider

Reaction score
I love my 6-keg keezer, but being the semi-neatfreak that I am, the jumble of tubing is driving me bonkers! What do my fellow keezer-owners use to organize your beer lines? Does anyone make a product like the looms that separate the spark plug wires in a car? Something like that sized for beer line would be perfect. I've done a couple of Bing/Google searches and come up empty.

No big deal. 12' beer lines are tie-wrapped in neat coils that fit just inside the rubbers with a couple more wraps consolidating the lines running up around the tower cooler. Gas line lengths were tuned to eliminate excess, and the drip tray run-off tube snakes around to the catch bottle on the hump. Eva-Dry with its own fan sits on the floor, stirring fan sits on the hump. I can open and close the lid without thinking much about it (ignore the dangling nitro line ;) )

Cheers!

new_keezer_54_sm.jpg

No big deal. 12' beer lines are tie-wrapped in neat coils that fit just inside the rubbers with a couple more wraps consolidating the lines running up around the tower cooler. Gas line lengths were tuned to eliminate excess, and the drip tray run-off tube snakes around to the catch bottle on the hump. Eva-Dry with its own fan sits on the floor, stirring fan sits on the hump. I can open and close the lid without thinking much about it (ignore the dangling nitro line ;) )

Cheers!

Nice efficient and organized system!

Do you recommend the braided hose for gas lines and the regular barbed manifold and QCs over MFL types irt to servicing and cleaning?

Cheers!

That's a neat way to do it. The idea I had was more along these lines shown in this post:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/show-us-your-kegerator-29053/index114.html#post1498162

IMG_4150.JPG

I was thinking maybe using some sort of tubing organizer/clip that would attach to the keezer walls or the collar. It should be relatively easy to remove individual lines for cleaning and/or replacement. My SWMBO suggested toe separators such as people who paint their toenails use. I might look into that.

toe_separators.jpg

Nice efficient and organized system!
Do you recommend the braided hose for gas lines and the regular barbed manifold and QCs over MFL types irt to servicing and cleaning?

I like this particular gas tubing because it stays fairly flexible when cold, and it's clear enough to spot any backed-up beer should that happen. As for the manifold and disconnects, I bought those all a couple of keezers and many years ago and frankly if I could do it again they'd all be MFL style. The other gas system running my two brew fridges are all MFL fittings and it's easier to maintain over the long haul. But the barbed fittings are long paid for, so they live on! :rockin:

Cheers! :)

The pics with the wall mounted manifolds - those are screwed into a collar, yes? It's hard to tell.

Screwing into a keezer wall is definitely dancing with the Devil...

Cheers!

This is what I did. It's in a 24 cu ft chest freezer kegerator. I currently have 5 lfaucets with a shank for one more. The lines are run one the 2X6 collar from the front to the back. Works pretty well but I need to do something about the gas lines. The mounts a cable tie mounts screwed into the collar.

https://www.parts-express.com/cable-tie-screw-mount-10-pcs-made-in-usa--080-512

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404070607.336777.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1404070628.827881.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back