TSS2-2100 Settings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsutton

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have built a dual fermentation chamber out of a side by side fridge based on a few of the ones here. I have a dual stage Love controlling the freezer side and a fan to move air to the fridge side. The fan/fridge is working perfectly around 65F for my testing. However the freezer side which is set for 45F is dropping down to the teens before I open the door to warm it up. Before I set up the fan/fridge the freezer side was working great. I am sure I need to change one of the settings, but I don't read programmer language that well.

Any suggestions?

I have built a dual fermentation chamber out of a side by side fridge based on a few of the ones here. I have a dual stage Love controlling the freezer side and a fan to move air to the fridge side. The fan/fridge is working perfectly around 65F for my testing. However the freezer side which is set for 45F is dropping down to the teens before I open the door to warm it up. Before I set up the fan/fridge the freezer side was working great. I am sure I need to change one of the settings, but I don't read programmer language that well.

Any suggestions?

What are the current settings? I am reading the manual now. Which probe is where? (Probe 1 in Fridge and Probe 2 in Freezer?)... etc

-Eric

Probe 1 is in the fridge and 2 in the freezer. I have only changed the max and min values to try to keep the freezer from running constantly. 40 to 50 for the freezer and 60 to 70 for the fridge. other than that they are all factory settings.

Probe 1 is in the fridge and 2 in the freezer. I have only changed the max and min values to try to keep the freezer from running constantly. 40 to 50 for the freezer and 60 to 70 for the fridge. other than that they are all factory settings.

What about the set points? Which output is which?

Output 1 is the Fridge and is set to 65F and Output 2 is the Freezer and is set to 45F.

So.. few things. One I would set the c0 variable to at least a few minutes. Otherwise you can wind up cycling the compressor on and off which isn't good for it. Check to ensure that the relay is actually wired in correctly... e.g. the compressor actually does shut off at some point if you set the set point really high. Also I am not sure if the min/max values do what you think they do... They only prevent you from setting the Set Points above and below that value. They don't actually control anything about the run time. I would check the following values...

SP1 => 65
SP2 => 45
r0 => ind
r1 & r2 & r3 => 1.0
r8 => On2
c0 => 3.0 (minimum off time to protect compressor)
c1 & c2 => dir
c3 & c4 => Opn

Check those.

So.. few things. One I would set the c0 variable to at least a few minutes. Otherwise you can wind up cycling the compressor on and off which isn't good for it. Check to ensure that the relay is actually wired in correctly... e.g. the compressor actually does shut off at some point if you set the set point really high. Also I am not sure if the min/max values do what you think they do... They only prevent you from setting the Set Points above and below that value. They don't actually control anything about the run time. I would check the following values...

SP1 => 65
SP2 => 45
r0 => ind
r1 & r2 & r3 => 1.0
r8 => On2
c0 => 3.0 (minimum off time to protect compressor)
c1 & c2 => dir
c3 & c4 => Opn

Check those.

Just figured out what your problem most likely is... The default mode is "On1" (for r8). In On1, output 2 is on whenever Probe 1 is >= SP2 +r2 ... this is a major problem because probe 1 is in the fridge... thus it is always going to be higher than SP2 + r2... in "On2" mode it is on when Probe 2 is >= SP2 + r2 ...

I just switched the probes from one side to the other and will change c0=3.0. Because I switched the probes do you still recommend those previous settings, or would they be different now?

I just switched the probes from one side to the other and will change c0=3.0. Because I switched the probes do you still recommend those previous settings, or would they be different now?

Switching the probes wouldn't help. Basically the problem is in the mode you have selected.... In mode On1 BOTH relays are relative to Probe1, in mode On2 Relay 1 uses probe 1 and relay 2 uses probe 2. Look at the last page of the manual for guidance on the modes.

I will check that out. I did switch the probes and now it will not turn on at all. Thank you for all of your help! I hope to get this working so I can brew again. It has been about 90F in my garage all summer.

Back