TSC 35 gal water holding tank as a fermenter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowjeep

Reaction score
One of these tanks was given to me, with the intent that I could use it as a fermenter. The tank is brand new, never been used for anything. Has anyone ever tried this? Here is a link to the tank I have.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/agricu...k-lids/leg-style-storage-tank-35-gal--2137324

Its kinda funny, the person was really excited to get this for me. I don't have the capacity right now to do 30 or 35 gal batches in my kitchen though. Luckily fall is right around the corner, I should be able to find a deal on apple juice. 35 gallons of Apfelwein!

I bet it would be okay. Not completely sure though. But 35g? Go big or go home I say, get the 1,025g. Enough apfelwein for the REST OF YOUR LIFE!

Lol, gl with the fermenter.

after looking at the TSC page, the 1025gal was tempting. If I could only find a way to get apple juice delivered via tanker truck... and being able to post it on the apfelwein forum would be priceless. 1 post, +1000gal made.

A few weeks ago I was asking my father about conical shaped water holding tanks. He works for an industrial supply company, but they didn't carry tanks like that. So he sees this one on sale, gets all excited, and buys it. He calls me up, first thing I ask him is if it is food grade plastic. He says, "I don't know, but I already bought it." Pretty cool on his part to pick up the tank when he saw a deal. From what I can tell, its made out of #2 HDPE, so it should work. Luckily I have 13 empty cornies on hand. Looks like it is time to upgrade the front end of the brewing operation.

Can anyone locate the post about the 40gal pots? I cannot find it, even through searching. The guy has a pic with his 2 sons sitting in it. I think I am gonna need a few of those.

Back