Trying this recipe, and asking for opinions!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

João Machado

Reaction score
1 Kg oh honey from my region;
3,34 L of water;
1 cinnamon stick;
6 raisins cut in half;
lemon peel (the outer skin).

What do you think?

My mead was greatly improved by using staggered nutrients (Fermaid O) and rehydrating the yeast with go-ferm. Look up TONSA and follow the method, you'll be glad you did.

Too much cinnamon, in my opinion. Maybe just try like 1/4 stick. The raisins will do nothing for you at all, skip them. Add your own commerical wine yeast and nutrient. If you cannot purchase yeast nutrient, heat up a little yeast too hot to kill it = nutrient.

Good luck and enjoy!

Ok...so help me here...
What you're saying is to remove the raisins...
About the yeast, I have 1 package of mead yeast. What do I use as nutrients?

Too much cinnamon, in my opinion. Maybe just try like 1/4 stick. The raisins will do nothing for you at all, skip them. Add your own commerical wine yeast and nutrient. If you cannot purchase yeast nutrient, heat up a little yeast too hot to kill it = nutrient.

Good luck and enjoy!

Attachments

• Levedura mead.jpg
    Levedura mead.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 3
I only have the baking ferment, a chemical one, here... Shall I use it?

I don't know what you are asking.
Use the whole pack of your mead yeast. When the batch is done you can save the yeast in a sanitized jar and re-use it for the next batch.
Read through all the information here, use the method presented and your mead will come out great:
https://www.meadmaderight.com/tosna-calculator

Back