True TDD-2 doors uneven

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keanis21

Reaction score
Recently got a used 2017 model, one of the doors sits 1/4” lower than the other

84B1E3E4-2878-430E-94BB-8511B54C0F6C.jpeg

Are the hinge screws tight?
Figure out which door is out of whack, loosen the screws, adjust as needed and tighten screws.
All that was a guess.
Cheers

I did, its level left to right, and front to back.

I will check the door hinges again, they did not seem loose when i was looking around earlier.

My only concern is the door that sits lower, the rubber strip that seals it shut, is almost bearly sealing without making a gap to let air in.

I can't find a parts diagram to understand the potential causes of the door alignment issue.
Can you take some more revealing pictures, especially of the hinging?

Cheers!

I'm wondering if someone leaned down on the door while open. That could definitely apply enough torque to those hinges to bend. See if any of the hinges on the lower door are slightly bent or pulled away from the casing or panel.

You can also try lifting up the door a bit when it is open to see if there is any play in the hinges, the parts holding the pins could be slightly out of spec. A small difference at the hinge can translate to a larger difference on the other side of the door panel.

Back