True Brew kit has different hops! Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dockmasterjc

Reaction score
I'm brewing an IPA from a true brew kit. The kits says it has cascade and chinook hop pellets. What I have in the kit is actually UK first gold and uk pilgrim. What should I do?

Use them....a lot of kits are substituting hops because of the shortage. And the big "C" hops like cascade and chinook are the hardest to find....

They wouldn't substitute something that wouldn't work....They know what they're doing.

dockmasterjc said:
I know to use them, I don't know when to apply them. The instructions still have the old hops.

Post the instructions with the original hops (include the aa's)

and give me the aas of the replacement hops as well.

I looked up the hops....it appears the the pilgrim is your bittering hop and the First gold is your finishing hop....so use the pilgrim @ 60 and the first gold just before flameout.

dockmasterjc said:
Thanks a lot Revvy, It doesn't have aa in the instructions. Appreciate your help!

You're welcome.....I looked at the true brew instructions online...pretty crappy...

Usually the aau's are on a label on the hop packs.

Back