Trub dump just liquid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopdog1

Reaction score
Made a 15 gallon conical from a conical norwesco tank from tank depot. Dumped some Trub after 10 days and only a liquidy yeast came out. I was assuming it would be packed and semi formed. It is a wheat beer so I don't know if that would matter. My valve is 1 1/4 and the tank is not a full drain, so these may be the problem but not sure. Any suggestions?

Packed and semi formed? I would expect it to be liquidy. You pulled it from the bottom after 10 days of fermenting or 10 days after racking? some yeast stays suspended in wheat but some should have settled after 10 days.

10 days in fermenter, it was yeasty. I was just a little worried, I have seen some YouTube of guys dumping trub and there's looks packed tightly

If you are using a Hefe yeast, they tend to be low flocculators, so most of the yeast stays in suspension.

Trub should pile up down there pretty well though...and be brownish/greenish--not creamy white like yeast. At least that's my experience.

Back