Tried tons of new beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

God Emporer BillyBrew

Reaction score
I visited a friend in Ft. Worth last weekend and went to a place called the Flying Saucer. Some of you have probably heard of it, it's got a couple of other locations. They have about 300 beers.

Anyway, the ones I remember:drunk: trying were: Dogfish Head 60 minute, Dogfish Head 90 minute, Sierra Nevada IPA, Victory Hop Devil, Bridgeport IPA on tap(only in bottles in the past), Ace pear cider....hmmm, that's all I can remember for now, but I know I had several more. I was really drunk! 2 day hangover.

Anyway, not to impressed w/ SNIPA. Dogfish Head 60 was OK, 90 was better. 60 had too much of the grapefruit hops in it for my taste. Bridgeport tasted subtley different on tap. But the standout to me was the Victory Hop Devil. That is a great beer! It sucks that I can't get it here in OK.

yeah the Hop devil is nice! i plan on brewing a similar one (read: not clone) here soon. I was researching this beer and aparently they use vienna malt as a base, a little munich in there, and some tettnang for flavor hops. This (vienna malt+munich)makes sense cuz the beer is pretty dark for an ipa, its unique though thats for sure!

Bjorn Borg said:
yeah the Hop devil is nice! i plan on brewing a similar one (read: not clone) here soon. I was researching this beer and aparently they use vienna malt as a base, a little munich in there, and some tettnang for flavor hops. This (vienna malt+munich)makes sense cuz the beer is pretty dark for an ipa, its unique though thats for sure!

Unfortunately, all their website says is whole american flowers...

I have the bottle at home, I'll look and see if it says.

Yeah the Flying Saucer is a good time... The menu rotates with the seasons, and on Wednesdays they give out pint glasses (at least at the one by my house)

The only negative is the pricing on the menus. Instead of the prices by the beer, there is a symbol that you have to decipher using a table. Some of the symbols look similar, especially after a few beers.

Lately, my favorite beer from there is Maredsous 8.

- magno

Back