Tried the first bottle (Amber Ale) from my 1st ever batch...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auburntsts

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
And it's not bad. As you may recall, I've been having low OG issues and unfortunately as this was my very first batch (brewday was Dec 26th) and had no way to correct the OG with DME (at the time) so the resulting ABV is low (I figure only 1.4%). However, it tastes pretty good, is relatively clear and the carbonation is fine. I can do better and I'm excited to see how the other 3 batches that are in the pipeline turn out.

28149982099_88c3d5f80c_z.jpg

39219650624_7fabd542f6_z.jpg

Last edited:
My first batch was inspired because I had a bunch of guys coming over to watch Laker games, drink tap beer (Firestone Union Jack) and smoke good cigars. This was a regular thing. I treated the whole thing, also. I got to wondering if I could brew some beer; my brother was homebrewing in Hawaii and it wasn't too bad. The first batch I did was with a Cooper's kit. Man, it was so bad I almost lost all my friends!! Instead of discouraging me, though, it pissed me off. That was over 10 years ago. I learned how to brew through Homebrewtalk and have been perfecting the craft ever since. I make damn good beer now, and modesty is my long suit! At any rate, that was over 10 years ago and I kept some of it. Can't remember was style it was, but after reading your post, I am determined to try one of 4 bottles I kept. I'll report back if its not too retched. Thanks for reminding me.

Pat
Semper fi

I've not made a beer with that low of alcohol but I do brew a low alcohol batch occasionally for those times I want a beer for the flavor and refreshment but not enough to impair me for using heavy equipment.

Back