travelling with a keg question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortyz

Reaction score
Ive never kegged before but i think i can pull it off. First the keg will be travelling like 3 hours bumping around. my main question is, do i still put pressure on it a week before travelling or wait and add pressure before the bumpy road hits it?

I've dragged a keg in a wheeled bag for a couple of miles and a train journey across Scotland in between and it was fine.

I'd purge of out and carb it as normal before you travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Carb as ususal before. Disconnect while moving and try to keep it cold. Reconnect and serve.
It will probably be cloudy depending on how much shaking during transit, but still taste fine.

If you have extra kegs, jump the beer to a new keg with a liquid line with liquid disconnects on each side. Then it'll be basically sediment free and you can take it anywhere you want.

ok thanks, also does overcarbing happen because of to much pressure? like lets say i leave a keg at 20psi all year, will it be over carbed?

"like lets say i leave a keg at 20psi all year, will it be over carbed?"

Depends on the temp. Google carbonation table for appropriate pressure ranges based on temps.

Back