traveling with keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monk420

Reaction score
headed to the beach and got 1/2 a keg left . Have a pocket co2 disp, for the gas. I was wondering the best way to keep it cool. it a 3 hr trip. lay it on it's side w some ice in a cooler? Also should i leave it carbed up or drop it a little i would think all the moving around it would b pretty shaken up when i get there.

I just keep mine up right in the cooler. Since it's thin stainless, and 1/2 gallon of beer would only go up a few inches, you should be able to cover the beer level with some ice in a cooler. It may be shaken up a bit, but not if you keep it upright and handle gently. It'll settle down soon.

I just keep mine up right in the cooler. Since it's thin stainless, and 1/2 gallon of beer would only go up a few inches, you should be able to cover the beer level with some ice in a cooler. It may be shaken up a bit, but not if you keep it upright and handle gently. It'll settle down soon.

he said half a keg

Back