Traveling LA, MS, AL...searching craft beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chezhed

Reaction score
OK, what I need is an app like Gas Buddy that tells me stores that stock craft beer on a road trip. :cool: But I don't know of one...other than Untappd and it seems to lack in showing stores for packaged beer, so, specifically I am looking for places in Lafayette/Port Allen LA, Tupelo, MS and Florence, AL. Can anyone help me?

If you will be travelling through Jackson, MS during your trip LD's Beer Run is worth a stop. It's a relatively small shop, but they carry a lot of local and regional breweries that may be hard to find outside of the area. Oxford and Starkville, MS should be relatively close to your route. Being college towns they tend to have better beer selections in general. I've been to Joe's Craft Beer in Oxford, and they have a good selection.

There's an app called TapRoute for finding breweries on the go. When trying beer I think it's best to get it straight from the source.

Papa V’s gas station on Main Street in Tupelo, MS has tons of craft beer and growler fills. Also in Oxford, MS, The Growler has tons of beers to fill growlers. Jackson Beer Co is also a great spot in Oxford with huge selection and growler fills

Since you are going to Florence, Alabama, consider driving another hour east to the Huntsville-Madison area, as there are a bunch of breweries that and likely the largest in the southeast area, it will be well worth your time, there is also one in Decatur on the way, Crossed Eyed Owl.

+1 for HSV. Liquor Express is a bottle shop and tap room/filling station. Beau coup breweries.

Back