Transporting Homebrew out of the Country

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zegolf

Reaction score
I'm planning on taking a trip in August from Maryland (USA) to Canada. What laws, if any, exist that could prevent me from doing that? I'm not familiar with transportation laws. I was planning on doing a single 5 gallon keg's worth of beer and wanted to take it along on our trip.

Last time I went fishing in Canada I was allowed 1 case per adult.So for 2 adults
that would be about 5 gallons if bottled.I have now idea how they would handle a keg.

Last time I went fishing in Canada I was allowed 1 case per adult.So for 2 adults
that would be about 5 gallons if bottled.I have now idea how they would handle a keg.

This. OR you can take 1 bottle of booze but not a case and bottle. You also can ONLY take 1 carton of cigarettes.

I would bottle in Red Strip w/ red or white caps or Corona bottles with white or gold caps (or the lighter versions). You will also want the 12ers/cases to look newish so take care when opening them and then re-glue them shut. If they ask I would not lie but allowing them to come to their own conclusions is simply easier on everyone.

I am pretty sure what you doing is NOT legal but that is my opinion. For truth on the subject call the US/CA border patrol and ask.

Back