Transporting a kegerator with kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JumpingJ

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm getting married next Friday and I brewed two batches of beer for the event. To celebrate even more, I bought a dual tap kegerator! I understand all the general ideas about transporting the kegerator and kegs individually. The problem is I want to try the beers a couple days before the wedding to make sure they turned out decent. What is the best way to transport a kegerator and kegs after they've been tapped? Is it as simple as just unhooking everything and securing the taps? Any suggestions?

J

That should pretty much be it. Just don't lay the Kegorator on its back or side. Else you'll need to wait at least overnight before plugging it back in or take the chance of destroying the compressor.

Also be sure to let the kegs sit as long as you can before you tap them in the new location. At least 24hrs imo. Although not absolutely necessary, if you don't allow it to settle you'll get quite a few cloudy pours. Congrats!

I would actually say that if you have a spare keg, and your kegs are currently pouring clear, rack to a newly sanitized keg, and make sure you stop it before it starts pulling over what settled out.

Regardless of how you transport the kegerator itself, I would recommend waiting overnight before plugging it in.

As long as your kegs and poppets are in good shape, just disconnecting will be fine.

Congratulations on your wedding day. :mug:

As far as transporting your beer, my advice is the same as everyone else.

Back