transplanting and raised beds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbsj

Reaction score
So, the wife and I are moving. I started my rhizomes in pots in order to at least get some root growth this year. We have 4 to 5 days of travel and then I get to make a garden at the new house to transplant them. We're really big in to vegetable gardens and were thinking about raised beds. We're moving to maine and I don't know if there will be enough insulation in the winter to keep them from freezing to death. Thoughts on doing this? Any precautions for the transplant?

Thanks

So, the wife and I are moving. I started my rhizomes in pots in order to at least get some root growth this year. We have 4 to 5 days of travel and then I get to make a garden at the new house to transplant them. We're really big in to vegetable gardens and were thinking about raised beds. We're moving to maine and I don't know if there will be enough insulation in the winter to keep them from freezing to death. Thoughts on doing this? Any precautions for the transplant?

Thanks
I think they will be fine in a raised bed, if you are worried you could pile some mulch on them before the first freeze, and that will give them food in the spring, that is what I do here in NC, if anyone else disagrees that lives in Maine, let the man know. Good luck on growing your hops and your move to Maine.:mug:

Back