transferring from Keg to Growler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApolloSpeed

Reaction score
I got a fairly tasty batch going on in my Keg. Its about a week old.....and so I just filled up a Growler full from the tap and brought it over to a friends house.

It stayed cold in his frig the whole time....we broke into it about 3 or 4 hours later and it had a bitter (or maybe sour?) taste to it.:mad: Still carbed and foamy, but the taste definately changed.

Is this not a good way to bring some beer along with me, without having to take a whole keg?

Did you thoroughly cleaned and rinsed the growler? I'm guessing that it wasn't thoroughly rinsed. I just bottled bomber bottles off my kegs to take them to a party to sample, and it worked perfectly. I can't imagine the bigger growler would make any difference. There must have been some residue in it that funked up the taste.

I rinsed it very good....and used StarSan. And Really, it didn't see a whole lot of light.

Maybe I just need to let it age some more or something, The beer is very young to begin with....hell I don't know.

I do extract and filled 2 growlers for homebrew club meet (everyone liked it thankfully). I really (hopefully) think it's green or needs aged...

Back