Transferring carbonated beer between kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemman14

Reaction score
Cant this be done without a pressure valve on the gas out of the keg being transferred to? My plan was to lager while carbonating my beer then transferring using a jumper from one out post to the next. Is it necessary to maintain head pressure on the receiving keg? Or can I simply open the relief valve?
Thanks in advance :mug:

Cant this be done without a pressure valve on the gas out of the keg being transferred to? My plan was to lager while carbonating my beer then transferring using a jumper from one out post to the next. Is it necessary to maintain head pressure on the receiving keg? Or can I simply open the relief valve?
Thanks in advance :mug:

You need to pull the relief valve during the transfer, so the beer keeps flowing. It works great!

No need to have a special valve...you have it all correct. out post, to out post, and crack the lid open.

you will get some foaming but if you go slow you shouldn't have a beer foam snake at the end (we reserve that for star san only!)

Back