Transfer to pressure barrel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookie1433

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to this. So I've just transferred a golden ale from the fermenter with a little spray malt to my pressure barrel. Now do I leave it as it is whist conditioning or do I add gas to the barrel whilst it's conditioning?? Any advice would be great.
Many thanks Matt. (UK)

I assume you are using a pin or firkin, in which case with the added malt extract it should carbonate on it's own. How much did you add?

Thanks. It is a pin top barrel. And I added half a tea spoon per pint. It's a 40 pint kit. So I'm hoping all will be good. Fingers crossed ay. Just looking forward to get to drink it now 👍

I would think you added close to 69 grams (2.4 oz) of malt extract. That should get you close to 1.5/1.6 volumes of CO2, which I think is appropriate for a cask beer.

Great thanks so much for your advice. I'll get bk to you in a few weeks and let you know how she turned out :)

Back