Transfer BeerSmith Files

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scut_Monkey

Reaction score
I'm trying to transfer recipes on Beersmith from an old computer onto a new computer. Is there any easy way to do this? Am I able to do this by converting the file some how?

Also, when people post beersmith recipes on the forum here, how are they doing it? They all appear to be standard printouts by the program itself that is uploaded somehow.

Thanks for the help.

On old computer highlight the folder or recipe you want to transfer, click on file, export as, then choose Beersmith file format. On new computer click on file, import and merge, locate file you created and you are good to go. As far as posting recipes just export as text file.

Cool. Both good tips.
I have tried uploading recipes on the forum with a text file but they seem to come out looking like crap and not the standard format I've seen around here. It's probably something I'm doing wrong on the forum itself and not beersmith.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Cool. Both good tips.
I have tried uploading recipes on the forum with a text file but they seem to come out looking like crap and not the standard format I've seen around here. It's probably something I'm doing wrong on the forum itself and not beersmith.

Thanks for the tips guys.

In Beersmith, go to "export as...." and export the bsm file, saving it someplace convenient. Then, in the reply screen in HBT, click on the "paperclip" icon. Upload that file you just saved, and then click the paperclip to insert into the post. It's really easy, once you do it.

Awesome Yooper. That's the ticket. I fooled around with it for an hour one night and couldn't figure it out. Got frustrated and gave it up. Thanks.

The geek in me keeps them saved to one of my jump drives. I move them from my desktop to laptop and vise/versa.

This is what I'm looking to do with them actually. I figure I need to back them up somewhere in case of whatever. Like if rival gangs come to smash my computer up.

Back