Training

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon

Reaction score
I have come upon a couple of useful tips on training, and also I would like to know of any others that I don't know.

In an attempt to improve the strength of my twine lines, I ran three lengths of twine up each line all together.

Now that bines are present I find that I can just tuck the end in between 2 of the lines and then it doesn't matter if it is winding, it can be secured just by tucking it in.

For someone growing on an extreme angle, or horizontally, I would think that this would be of some real use.

For anyone who has kids, save those metal/plastic twisty wires that all toys are now strapped in with. (you know , the stuff that now makes it impossible to remove a barbie or an action figure from the package without pliers?)

Thos things are great for securing tomato plants because they are posable metal inside, water proof plastic outside. They would certainly be good for unruly hops too. I save the religeously now.

If you do use twist ties, use them loosely. A healthy bine can be 1/4-3/8" in diameter by harvest. Tagging tape is a better idea, as it stretches easily.

Back