Tragedy!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khan

Reaction score
I opened up my chest freezer tonight to pull a nice draft of my IPA why I watch some football, and what do I find? Near 5 gallons of Yooper's Dead Guy Clone in the bottom of the freezer and the keg floating! All that delicious beer gone! :(

Time to convince SWMBO I need to drop the picnic taps and get some real faucets.

I lost about half of my 5 gallons of ESB a few days ago in a similar way. I had a small leak on my beer line that I didn't know about and left it for about 24 hours with the CO2 hooked up. 2.5 gallons of ESB leaked out onto the carpet... no bueno!

As an avid lover of Yooper's DG clone my heartfelt sympathies go out to you on your tragic loss.

i got some kegs and did not change the rings before i used them and lost half a keg.....off to beer store to get new rings....live and learn....

It sucks, but what can you do? It was surprisingly easy to clean up with a shop vac. Sadly, it puts a major dent in my pipeline. That's what I get for deciding I had a good pipeline going and easing back a bit.

My warning to all, beware picnic taps! They're the devil!

I opened up my chest freezer tonight to pull a nice draft of my IPA why I watch some football, and what do I find? Near 5 gallons of Yooper's Dead Guy Clone in the bottom of the freezer and the keg floating! All that delicious beer gone! :(

Time to convince SWMBO I need to drop the picnic taps and get some real faucets.

Oh, no! What happened? Faucet pressed open by a keg? That sucks!!!!!!

wierd. she's not even mad that he stole five gallons of her beer.

Khan said:

So what actually happened? Too much pressure or tap got pushed open?

Back