Toying with the idea of brewing a semi-sour beer for my wedding, then aging. help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swem

Reaction score
I have never brewed a sour beer, I realize that most of them take years to really come into their own, which I think would work very nicely with an anniversary. My plan is to brew something like 15 gallons of a beer that will be drinkable in a few months (what that is im not sure), pull off 5 gallons, then stick the other ten in a barrel or in a different vessel with oak cubes to age. Every year there after I would pull off a couple gallons and top up with fresh beer. I guess any advice would be great, especially what a good starter beer would be, and if you think the result of a barrel can be achieved with oak cubes. Thanks in advance.

I am going to do the same thing, I am really getting into these Brett brews, not really sour but funky and benefit from aging, check this out. Its one of my favorite brews and I might clone it this weekend so it will be ready for my wedding in approximatly 1.5 years??
http://embracethefunk.com/2012/03/09/gabe-fletcher-of-anchorage-brewing-company-qa-recipe/[/URL]

Back