Tower Draft System 3 Faucet Replace Lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel48

Reaction score
I recently built a house and had a kegerator built into the kitchenette downstairs. It is the under cabinet tower system that goes through the work surface. Of course this system came with 5 foot beer lines. I want to replace them with 10 footers. I popped the cap off the top to expose the shanks and lines. Based on others experiences is it easier to remove the entire shank to change the lines or only to remove the small angular tube and then screw that back into the shank. The top two taps seem relatively painless but the bottom tap looks to be a pain regardless, cannot get my hand down there very well.

I personally remove the entire shank. Theres just not enough room for me to work inside of my tower.

I also remove the entire shank to change lines. There isn't much room in there with 3 taps so it gets a bit tricky. I also HIGHLY recommend you purchase a tower faucet wrench. It makes life infinitely easier for loosening and tightening the nuts inside the tower. I had the darnedest time trying to work those nuts using my existing wrench and socket set.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I changed out the lines, I removed one one shank for room and left the other two there. I did have the special wrench. It went much smoother than I thought it would. Now it is time to empty my two carboy's and get serving beer!

Back