Tow truck drivers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liquiditynerd

Reaction score
So, knowing that HBT has the answer to all things relevant and not. Does anyone drive a tow truck? Or, does anyone know if a tow truck has to report an accident? In this case a single car, group mailbox, off the side of the road with a 10 foot drop into a tree in my front yard?

Just curious, no one heard the accident, no one saw it, but there is evidence everywhere. Someone didn't make the turn and took out the large metal group mailbox before launching into the air about 10 feet down over 100 feet and nose diving into a dead tree log that pretty much took the brunt of the force. The mailbox was 100 feet from where it was installed.

By my reasoning, it was a compact sedan, grey/silver, judging by the bumper and spoiler left behind. At that the mailbox would've been clipped by the bumper, sending the box into the hood and windshield. I think that would be enough to set off the air bags. The ensuing launch through the front yard would've done a dooozy to the car/frame/driver.

So, there is a small area of oil staining on the road and some tire tracks where it appears a wrecker scooped up the wreck. Now how is it that no one saw it, no one heard it, and no one knows what happened?

Anyone? Please, this is not a riddle, ok to me it is, but it really just happened.

:confused:

Aliens???

yeah, oddly enough, I have about that much evidence. although the 1990 ish abs plastic spoiler with faded and chipped paint would make them very poor aliens. unless you meant undocumented workers that is.

Do you know in fact that the police aren't aware of it? I assume you are wanting to get your mailbox fixed.

Do you know in fact that the police aren't aware of it? I assume you are wanting to get your mailbox fixed.

Great point. No not yet, being the weekend and with the superbowl about to go, with everyone here all 12, we haven't heard back from the sheriff. That's why I was wondering if they had to report a single car accident. I've been pulled from some pretty stupid spots but it was usually work related or playing and just me and mud.

Oh and funny enough, we don't use the community mailbox, they put it on our property though because we have a flat area for visitors, (actually its a Right of Way in front of our lot)! I did put it back up today with a temporary fix for the neighbors. I'm just stumped how someone could wreck so hard an go unnoticed.

Back