Total System Temperature Regulation Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahuppert

Reaction score
I recently saw a great system for temperature regulation. In short, the person used a MicroMega process control unit to regulate ther temperature of the circulating wort.

The unit consisted of a digital microprocessor connected to a single (in-line) probe and a (in-line) heating element. They could set it and forget it prior to the pre-boil! Once the desired system temperature was reached, the unit would maintain that temp.

I am looking for anyone else who has a similar system. I would like to put one together for myself, but unfortunately I do not have the model numbers of the system components.

Have any of you done anything similar? If so, could we talk it through? Thanks in advance!

What you are describing is a mashing system called RIMS (Recirculating Infusion Mashing System). There is an open discussion about this on the Equipment board. I've got quite a bit of information on my website below my signature, and there is also ample information elsewhere on the web. You can try googling "rims brewery" or "herms brewery". HERMS stands for Heat Exchange Recirculating Mashing System and uses a heat exchanger rather than a heating element directly.

Prosit,

Back