Total noob question here:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya, Union. I'm alergic to milk, but it does sound good! YUM.

BTW! fellas, I tried a bottle of it, Sunday. 1 week in the bottles! A tad bitter (hoppy) at the tail end of each swallow, but I liked it, just fine! Had it cold as a Witch's tooty and it was good! I'm gonna leave it a week at a time, and just drink "store beer" until 3-4 weeks. sigh...I'm excited...and damned proud that I found ya'all and asked before I threw it out! Ya'all saved 30 750's of good beer, I think! I raise a mug to each of you for all of your help!

Also, it seems as if this hobby tends toward the making of friends. Union, I can't wait to haul you a shoat on the back o my ol' Shovelhead and share a beer or 3 with ya! I'll show ya how Missippi boys cook a hawg! You can show us how ya'all...(aint gonna say it...aint gonna say it)..ya'all Nawthern boys cook um, too!

;) yeeHAW! hahaha

Damned store bought beer! hahaha! Gotta drink a gallon of it to even get the taste swirlin around in your mouth! I'm gonna grab another tall Southpaw...

I hear ya, Union. I'm alergic to milk, but it does sound good! YUM.

BTW! fellas, I tried a bottle of it, Sunday. 1 week in the bottles! A tad bitter (hoppy) at the tail end of each swallow, but I liked it, just fine! Had it cold as a Witch's tooty and it was good! I'm gonna leave it a week at a time, and just drink "store beer" until 3-4 weeks. sigh...I'm excited...and damned proud that I found ya'all and asked before I threw it out! Ya'all saved 30 750's of good beer, I think! I raise a mug to each of you for all of your help!

Also, it seems as if this hobby tends toward the making of friends. Union, I can't wait to haul you a shoat on the back o my ol' Shovelhead and share a beer or 3 with ya! I'll show ya how Missippi boys cook a hawg! You can show us how ya'all...(aint gonna say it...aint gonna say it)..ya'all Nawthern boys cook um, too!

;) yeeHAW! hahaha
How true! Amazing how beer always seems to have done that over the millenia. I saw a paper recently where they're starting to find evidence that beer has been brewed for some 300,000 years!! I guess even troglodites liked to party. Hell,our ancestors sure did. They didn't grow all that corn for corn cakes...And I'd love to get a wild hawg goin in the pit this year. We'll try to have a couple brews ready. Momma has been wanting to try a roasted pig for a long time. I've had it twice. But wild sounds mo' betta!:tank:

It's an Athabascan tradition that once you've eaten, drank, and shared Creation Stories, you can't be enemies...I bet alot of treaties came about because of Tizwin and Maguey.

HAHAHA!

Sounds like I need to learn/remember more of this stuff from my ancestors. Grandma used to tell me about the chief when I was a kid. But that's been a very long time.
But I def agree. You drink enough Tizwin & "uuuhh...wait a second...what the hell was I mad about again?...". :D So now we gotta go for it!

HAHAHA! Yup. It was fairly standard for Plains people. Life was so hard before the return of the horse that killing a human was considered evil and bad karma. If a Kiowa (all Athabascans) killed a human, we spent a complete moon phase atoning for the sin, there were rather complicated steps to this and caused much trouble for the Braveheart and his family. Things weren't very much the way the white Europeans thought that they were. Scalping started with "Yangleese and Fransay" wanting proof of a kill before paying the bounties during their lil wars with each other. We got drug into it, as always. The term "Sioux" is actually not the name of any tribe on this continent. The term was applied to the Lakota/Nakota/Dakota Clans after the Ojibwa and Chippewa told their French allies that "those people across that water are sioux. Which means "my enemy". This happened in the Minnesota area, before the Lakota were driven onto the Plains.

Also, Apache (you probably know this, but others might not) means "my enemy who fights me all the time" in Athabascan. It is the only known North American tribal name that does not translate to "The People" or "The People of..." The Apache (and Commancia) were sub clans that were banished for "skinwalking", according to what I was taught. Banishment is the harshest of penalties, as we had no death penalty.

Wow! That was an off-topi ramble, and I apologize for that...

Yup. You see on youtube that whites are learning that skinwalkers are real. Anyway,letting the bottles sit for 4 weeks on average is a good time frame for carbonation & Conditioning. conditioning takes a bit longer than carbing. So it's important to realise that a beer will carbonate before it's properly conditioned. Meaning the flavors & aromas have melded together as one.

Back