Torn sack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digdan

Reaction score
I tore my sack while brewing :( ....

my muslin bag broke open spilling 2lbs of maize and crystal 10l malt into my to-be wort. I tried to continue to follow the recipe as normal.

What should have I done?

What I did do is sanitized a giant screen scooper and scoop it all out. Took nearly 20+ scoops

Will this potentially effect the outcome of my brew?

it'll be fine. scooping it out was the right thing to do.

I tore my sack once while skiing, but never when brewing. Man did that hurt.

I'm sure the beer will be fine, who knows may be the best ever and you'll always want to tear your sack on brew day :p

I tore my sack while brewing :( ....

my muslin bag broke open spilling 2lbs of maize and crystal 10l malt into my to-be wort. I tried to continue to follow the recipe as normal.

What should have I done?

What I did do is sanitized a giant screen scooper and scoop it all out. Took nearly 20+ scoops

Will this potentially effect the outcome of my brew?

You did the right thing... relax dont worry :)

Oh.... since this was preboil... there was no need to sanitize the scooper.... when you boiled your wort you would have MORE then killed anything that might have been in it...

I'm sensitive, so I use a SS braid.

I know a guy that got his clothes stuck in a tractor PTO shaft. It ripped every thread off him. AND, his sack.

:(

Oh.... since this was preboil... there was no need to sanitize the scooper.... when you boiled your wort you would have MORE then killed anything that might have been in it...
yep. for that matter, there's probably waaay more bacteria on the grain itself than that there is on any kitchen implements you have

Back