Top 25 American IPA's in the opinion of Men's Journal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EcuPirate07

Beer is a food group
Reaction score
http://www.mensjournal.com/food-drink/collections/the-25-best-american-ipas-w205102

I tend to agree with a lot of these, but there are still a good bit on this list I haven't been able to try. :(

They didn't list 1-25 just top 25

Blind Pig
Brewer: Russian River Brewing

Head Hunter
Brewer: Fatheads Brewery

Jai Alai
Brewer: Cigar City Brewing

Union Jack
Brewer: Firestone Walker Brewing

Mosaic Promise
Brewer: Founders Brewing

Two Hearted Ale
Brewer: Bell's Brewery

Susan
Brewer: Hill Farmstead Brewery

Julius
Brewer: Tree House Brewing

Superpower IPA
Brewer: Comrade

Todd the Axe Man
Brewer: Surly Brewing

Hop Hunter
Brewer: Sierra Nevada Brewing

Focal Banger
Brewer: The Alchemist

The Pupil
Brewer: Societe Brewing

Elevated IPA
Brewer: La Cumbre

Lunch
Brewer: Maine Beer Company

The Substance
Brewer: Bissell Brothers

Tropicalia
Brewer: Creature Comforts

Fuzzy Baby Ducks IPA
Brewer: New England

Pernicious
Brewer: Wicked Weed Brewing

Scepter Head IPA
Brewer: Draught

Topcutter
Brewer: Bale Breaker

Hop, Drop 'N Roll
Brewer: NoDa

Workhorse IPA
Brewer: Laurelwood Brewing

Hop Showers
Brewer: Other Half Brewing

Santilli
Brewer: Night Shift Brewing

I have had a decent amount on the list. I think Headhunter is freaking solid. Not sure I would call Mosaic Promise an IPA, but it is def one of my favorite beers (I have bought 2 cases in the past 2 months)... With that said, I am kind of surprised not FFF beers made the list

Loads of good stuff on that list!

Maybe they need to do a 25 pack for the rest of the nation to try! Wouldn't that be killer!

Cheers
Jay

Have had zero of them. The good stuff is finally starting to come into Korea these days but is so expensive there's no reason not to stick to homebrew, saves me a freaking fortune when SNPA is $6 a bottle.

I've only had the opportunity to try 4 of those on the list. Of the 4, Blind Pig is my favorite.

It's good to see Comerade Superpower IPA on that list. Not many people outside of Colorado know about that beer, but it's definitely my favorite Colorado made IPA.

It's good to see Comerade Superpower IPA on that list. Not many people outside of Colorado know about that beer, but it's definitely my favorite Colorado made IPA.

Came here to say that. I also really love the crank yanker from eddyline. Man I live like 3 miles from comrade, gotta get back there.

Back