Took some Mustang pics with my camera phone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitrouStang96

Reaction score
She shiny.

10-19-07_1202.jpg

10-19-07_1204.jpg

10-19-07_1205.jpg

10-19-07_1206.jpg

Sometimes I just want to bite into the paint - the color should be called "Red Delicious"

Beerlord said:
Nice. ET's?
12.45 14/mi with just exhaust and nitrous, 2.1 60ft. Somewhere around 525 lb-ft out of that stock 4.6 :p (446 lb-ft at the wheels)

warped04 said:
that's your camera phone? Nice pics! I have a 66 Fastback
Yeah, old RAZR - I have some nicer pics of it from a real camera. You got pics of your 66?

NitrouStang96 said:
12.45 14/mi with just exhaust and nitrous, 2.1 60ft. Somewhere around 525 lb-ft out of that stock 4.6 :p (446 lb-ft at the wheels)

Yeah, old RAZR - I have some nicer pics of it from a real camera. You got pics of your 66?

I'll have to see...It's in San Diego getting worked on right now, and most of my pictures were before digital cameras.

I don't know what the name of the company is. I just know him as John. He's rebuilding the carborator for me. Nothing fancy.

Here she is the day I brought her home back in 1998. I wish I had $10k to drop in her and make her cherry.

mustang.jpg

Warped04 said:
Here she is the day I brought her home back in 1998. I wish I had $10k to drop in her and make her cherry.
A beauty, man! She'll get there.

90 Mustang Lx notch.

Just getting done with conv to 97 Cobra brake and a ton of other parts.

Another pic
0508061911tj6.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

Warped04 said:
Are you racing it, or just having fun with it?
It's just my daily driver, but I love to autocross and sometimes drag race. She's got the supercharger, a tubular K-member and A-arms, and coilovers for the twisties, and the nitrous for the drag strip and passing people who drive too slow on mountain roads :p

I'd like to have a notch like Mustangj's for a dedicated racer - they're so much lighter.

Mines my dd in the summer. I'm starting to get into road racing. I can't wait for this summer.

NitrouStang96 said:

Cool. Run 13.0's with mine, basically stock, should hit 11's when the puffer is on this spring.

My housemate in college had a sweet "allowance" every month from his grandma, and he'd dump most of it into his SVT Cobra. Not alot of visual mods, it was all about performance. Racing suspension, racing rims, exhaust systems, you name it. It looked like a regular ol' 'stang save for the wheels and the little cobra emblems.

Then I find out he totaled it in a parking lot after he graduated. *******.

What kind of product do you have on the car? I am huge into car detailing and my go-to is Zaino. It's by far the best car product out there.

Greg

The Meguiars 3-step stuff. I love it and have been using it religiously for 10 years but haven't tried anything else, including Zaino. I don't spend the whole day doing it myself any more, though, now that I've moved to California. Here, we have what seem to be professional competition Mexican wax teams who go to town and have a full wash + polish + wax done in about 25 minutes. I usually get after them afterwards and have them dry out the jambs and clean out the crevices a little bit better, but they always do a fantastic job. I really don't feel like spending the 5 hours any more to do it myself, and with a price of $50 which is a full wash and detail inside and out, or $25 for a few less frills, I'd rather pay it and spend my sunday afternoon brewing :D

Warped04 said:
I'll have to see...It's in San Diego getting worked on right now, and most of my pictures were before digital cameras.
Have you been to Kern Brewing? how are they doing?

chione said:
Have you been to Kern Brewing? how are they doing?

I was just there on Saturday. I love that place. I think that they wish they were busier (but who doesn't), but it is the off season up here. But they will be crankin for Whiskey Flat Days.

I drive my wife nutz because whenever we go out to eat, all I want to do is go to the brewery :D I try to go every other week, but it's a tough goal to have.

Mustangj said:
SVO's are bad@ss.:ban:
Thanks. :mug: I think so too. :D Actually, underappreciated if anything.

They're also a pain in the @ss, rare, and hard to find body/interior parts for. I'm spoiled by all the resto stuff available for '65-70 Mustangs. I miss the '89GT I used to have because it was really nice and didn't need resto parts.

Looking good man!

Got a PI swap yet?

I've got an 07 Alloy GT M5, and a 79 Coupe that'll be getting a 393 soon.

Nah, PI is costs more than it's worth to me. If I want 25-50 more horsepower, I'll just put in a bigger nitrous jet :p

But really, I think I've gone as far as I'm willing to go with the power levels on this 12 year old stock aluminum 4.6L - I'll shoot higher with my next engine. I'm most interested in the '03 Cobra bottom end. Or a quick and dirty, simple and cheap 331.

Warped04 said:
I was just there on Saturday. I love that place. I think that they wish they were busier (but who doesn't), but it is the off season up here. But they will be crankin for Whiskey Flat Days.

I drive my wife nutz because whenever we go out to eat, all I want to do is go to the brewery :D I try to go every other week, but it's a tough goal to have.

The owners are really good people I am glad to see they are getting some business. I am not sure what your other dining options are but I will always support the local guy over a chain.

NitrouStang96 said:
Nah, PI is costs more than it's worth to me. If I want 25-50 more horsepower, I'll just put in a bigger nitrous jet :p

But really, I think I've gone as far as I'm willing to go with the power levels on this 12 year old stock aluminum 4.6L - I'll shoot higher with my next engine. I'm most interested in the '03 Cobra bottom end. Or a quick and dirty, simple and cheap 331.

Unless you use an aftermarket block, the 331 would be a step backward(or are they stroking 4.6s that far now?). You also wouldn't be able to smog it here in CA. A Kenne Bell Blowzilla would be pretty cool on an '03 Cobra swap. :D

Back