I'm back after a long HBT hiatus. I finally got my AG system built (pic in gallery) and brewed my first batch of generic pale ale a week ago. Most of my problems were equipment related and can be fixed with a little tweaking for next time. My biggest goof of the day was using WAY too much water for the sparge. I was watching the line coming out of the lauter tun (for color) and wasn't really paying attention to how much liquid was actually being pumped into my boil kettle. By the time I got done I had nearly 9 gallons of wort in th kettle for a 5 gallon batch. So I had a long afternoon boiling off all the extra water. But in the end I had bucket of fermenting beer so I can't complain too much. I'll know better next time. Hope the beer turns out.